mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Done!

Wishland - Christina Bertke

Well, I was done last night but I've been busy or sleeping.

I was almost convinced this was a parody until things got briefly draggy at the 75% point.  The suspense plot is especially non-suspenseful. But parts of it are funny enough that I am still wondering a little.  Even the battle scenes were funny.  I have only given this 1.5 stars but if you are in the mood for something silly that seems like a parody of bad fan fiction, I recommend reading this.  It is available for free through kindle unlimited and I am also able to loan it.

I don't want to spoil it any more than I have already so I will leave you with this one quote:

"Everyone had a Wishland diamond on their person.  Some whore chains, some rings and others had stud earrings. They were all heavily armored and ready to kick some Toader ass."