mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Worth the Scandal

Worth the Scandal - Karen Erickson This was kind of a guilty pleasure read for me. The plot is straight out of the Harlequin Presents line, but it happens to be a ridiculous plot that I really like. I feel like I've read a few dozen versions of the Hot Billionaire Boss Falls for Mousey/Plain/Curvy Assistant, Dumps Her, Secret Baby!, Grovel, HEA story. This is a good version of this particular plot and the love scenes are a lot more explicit than you'll find in an HP. It's also a longer version with more detail to the story and in my opinion more character development than you get in an HP. I would have liked more grovel from the hero and more backbone from the heroine. Worth the Scandal was middle of the road for me in that regard. I probably won't re-read, but I did enjoy it and I am interested in seeing what the author does with the hero's brothers so I'll likely continue the series. If you like HP style plots but want something a little longer and a lot sexier, Worth the Scandal should work well for you. I would give it 3.75 stars (thus the bump to 4).