mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Beneath the Skin: De La Vega Cats

Beneath the Skin  - Lauren Dane I have an unashamed love of this series and its sister series, Cascadia Wolves. I have to admit that from the start because these books are over-the-top, silly, campy fun. They aren't great literature or even great romance, but they suck me in and take me on a wild ride the same way the movie Con Air did. The werewolf mafia, the witches and witchophobes, the familt feuds ... it's just all so absurd in the best way.Beneath the Skin is a solid entry in the series. The anti-witch movement is sidelined in this book and the anti-shifter forces are the big bads here along with continuing problems within the de la Vega family. The romance has a little Romeo and Juliet spark to it that adds to the family feud vibe. And Gibson and Mia are very hot together. Ms. Dane includes super steamy, explicit and believable love scenes in all of these books. I enjoyed this book very much.