mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)

It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) - Susan Elizabeth Phillips I love sports romances but I didn't think I was going to like this one as much as I did. It is similar in plot and theme to Rachel Gibson's [b:True Love and Other Disasters|5841487|True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)|Rachel Gibson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1301065826s/5841487.jpg|6013627] but the characters are more stereotypical in Ms. Phillips's version and it took a while for me to care about them much. I didn't find either of them relatable or even particularly attractive. The tight underdog-makes-good plot, a little suspense, the secondary characters, a cute dog and Ms. Phillips's breezy writing helped a lot. This wasn't a super winner for me. I'd actually give it around 3.5 stars, but it was a good start to the series.