mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Reviewlets

Already Freakn' Mated - Eve Langlais Jillian's Job - Fran Lee The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding - Jennifer Blake

Sometime last week my 16 year old mattress gave up the ghost.  I haven't really slept since then and I have a great deal of back pain.  As a result I am not able to coherently review the books I have been reading so I am just going to post little reviewlets.

Also I didn't mean to insert that page break but I am too exhausted to figure out how to get rid of it.

Already Freakn' Mated - Eve Langlais was better than I expected but I went in with very low expectations based on reviews.  There is no cheating in it, though there are characters who sincerely believe they are being intimate with someone who is cheating and that really bothered me.  Langlais's humor is there but not as strongly as in some of her other books.  My hope is that it is a little less-than-great blip in the series.

Jillian's Job - Fran Lee  - This is an "I love/hate my boss" tale with tons of repetitive sex scenes thrown in.  It is shorter than a novella, the sex doesn't start up until about one-third of the way in and somehow there are still almost a dozen sex scenes. I think the ending was supposed to be romantic but I never got that the hero was really in love.  Maybe I was just too tired to feel it.  If you are looking for something quick, graphically smutty and vanilla, this should do the trick.

The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding - Jennifer Blake   This is the equivalent of a Harlequin Presents and has a typically arrogant Mediterranean hero. (It was not, however, published by Harlequin.)  On the plus side, the heroine is less of a doormat than usual and the hero is a bit less of a jerk.  The best thing about this book, however is reading the one-star reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.  Apparently it was offered for free at some point and the folks who download and read every freebie indiscriminately did just that with this poor book.  They tend to be incensed and disgusted by the conventions of the Category Province of Romancelandia.  I found this quite entertaining.

My new mattress should be here any minute now so I hope to be sleeping soon.  :)