mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Just Didn't Work for Me

Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) - Suzanne Robinson

I know a lot of people love this book and I admit it is well written but it just wasn't for me.  My main problems with it are that I dislike the hero and don't really care what happens to him and more importantly I couldn't stomach all the graphic violence.  And there is a LOT of very graphic violence.  I put the book aside for days because the thought of going back to it made me feel sick.  I think it is true to the time period but that's part of why I avoid this time period.  It does have a heroine with a backbone and a good long grovel but that was not enough for me.