mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

30 Day Book Challenge, Day 22 - A Book that Makes You Cry

Cry No More - Linda Howard The Reluctant Dom (Siren Publishing Menage and More) - Tymber Dalton Second Chances - Lauren Dane

Didn't we already do sad books? I guess this is slightly different.

I could list almost every HP I've ever read, although sometimes those were tears of exasperation.  I could list obvious tearjerky stuff like Ol' Yeller.  I could list half the romance novels I've read in the last year.  Maybe 3/4 even.  I apologize if I sound irritable but today's challenge is just ... irritating.

I don't like being emotionally manipulated, so if I know a book is going to make me cry, I'm very careful about when and where I read it.  I have two books on my kindle that I have purposefully not read, even though they come highly recommended and even though I have every intention of reading them, someday.  In both cases, it's because numerous people have said these books are guaranteed to make one cry.  Of course the first is ironically titled Cry No More - Linda Howard  and the second is The Reluctant Dom (Siren Publishing Menage and More) - Tymber Dalton.  I swear I'll get around to reading these, someday, but only when I deliberately want to make myself cry.

I have done that once before, with Second Chances - Lauren Dane.  It's a very good book for that and one of the better examples of a heroine not putting up with a hero's manho ways.