mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

What Kind of Book Hoarder are You?

With regard to my Dead Tree Books, I'm a Curator.  I used to be more of a Librarian, but when I moved into my current home 12 years ago, I quit alphabetizing and started putting books where I'd intuitively find them.  They are now grouped in a way that I feel satisfies the books' preferences as well as mine.

I have at least as many Kindle books now as I do Dead Tree Books.  My Kindle collections are by genre/sub genre and I usually sort them by most recent rather than alphabetically, so I guess I am a Curator rather than a librarian when it comes to my ebooks as well. I also use Calibre, though I have so much metadata to enter there that the thought of working on it makes me run away screaming.  I need to figure out a way to break it down into small, manageable tasks and easy to reach goals so that I am motivated to work on it some more.