mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

30 Day Book Challenge - Day 1, Best Book I Read Last Year

Hour of the Lion: The Wild Hunt Legacy: 1 - Cherise Sinclair If You Were Mine - Bella Andre

I'm having a tough time with this challenge.  I did not start keeping track of the date I finished reading books until the summer of 2012, so I only have half that year to pull from with certainty.  Also, I really did not read very many good books in 2012.  I read a lot of books I really enjoyed but I just can't say they were great books.  My top two are:

1. Hour of the Lion: The Wild Hunt Legacy (Volume 1) - Cherise Sinclair  and

2. If You Were Mine: The Sullivans, Book 5 (Contemporary Romance) - Bella Andre

Not in order.  And while I loved both of them and had a great time reading them and would recommend them without reservation, neither one of them is a book I would recommend to people who don't read romance and neither one of these is a book I think I'll read many times over the years.  They're not particularly thought provoking and I haven't spent much time thinking about either of them since I read them.  That could be partly because we are almost through with 2013 and I've read a lot of books since the summer and fall of 2012, but usually great books stick with me and leave me with questions to ponder.  That is not the case here.  And note, I really can't choose between them.  Hour of the Lion is one of the best PNRs I've read and If You Were Mine surprised me by the way I was able to connect emotionally with both the hero and heroine.