mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Cinta Terpendam (Marriage At His Convenience) - Jacqueline Baird Can't stand the male main character (he is in no way a hero). The heroine also has some character flaws that make her difficult to like. The plot is absurd. Homophobic, chauvinistic, arrogant jerkwad seduces innocent but brilliant friend of his gay nephew, uses her for a year, dumps her for a less-career-minded and (he thinks) more innocent Greek child bride, sexually assaults her on the eve of his wedding to said child-bride and a few years later extorts her inheritance from the nephew and blackmails her into marrying him so it will look better to his business rivals. This man belongs in prison, not in a happy, lovey-dovey marriage on a Greek island. Oh, sure,Ms. Baird has this reprehensible POS declare he loved her all along, loved her too much, even but that last chapter is nonsensical and reads like something cut and pasted from another book. Can you tell how much I hated this one? The book does serve one purpose well. If you ever need to be angry (for acting on stage or something similar) , this book will get you there. It'll also easily fulfill any need you have to read a train-wrecky HP. That is my excuse for reading it in the first place after having read the reviews.