mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Brothers, #4) - Lydia Dare Glad I gave this pair of authors another chance. The Taming of the Wolf was a very good return to form for the series. Dashiel, the villain from the previous book has a well explained back story that turns him into a sympathetic character here and Caitrin, the heroine and a fairly well developed character in both the second and third book in the series remains true to that characterization here. She's a strong heroine without being rude or vulgar and I found I like her better as I get to know her. The hero and heroine have plenty of chemistry and the love scenes are quite good though I would have liked a few more. There's a bit of set up for the spin-off series and a good bit of Alec MacQuerrie, who is one of my favorite characters in this series. Readers who are bothered by phonetic spelling are going to be hugged by all the "doona gae laddie" and such but that's the way it is with this series. I was able to ignore it for the most part. This was a good, solid romantic read for me with a love story that developed at a more realistic pace than is often the case, especially in paranormal romance and a nice side story of Dash coming to grips with being Lycan and with his family issues.