mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Corralling the Stones, Part 2: The Taming - Ava Mitchell,  Sydney Holiday This review pertains mainly to part 2 but also includes part 1. I stand by my 3 star review of Corralling the Stones Part 1. It was okay but not great. Part 2 on the other hand has some major problems.The first and most obvious is that it is unnecessary. These two books could and should have been combined. There is simply not enough story here for two parts and what story there is has been stretched out by tedious, repetitive sex scenes.There are three story lines going for this one threesome and the book still manages to be boring when it isn't downright enraging.And finally, there is the enraging thing. The authors have their heroine give up her dream of going to grad school in New York to study design so she cans stay with the heroes. There's no support from the heroes, her friends or even from her own brothers for pursuing her dream. Lily will miss out on the opportunity to grow professionally, the potential to study under a variety of teachers and the possibility of having her life immeasurably enriched by living in New York. I cried when I realized the authors were abusing her this way. She deserved so much better and there were ways to get to the HEA and still go away to school. I just finished Fool for Love by Marie Force where this exact issue was handled superbly. There the bad guy wants the heroine to give up on her dreams but the heroine's boss, friends, family and the hero all encourage and support her and the hero is willing to make changes to make it happen. Real love is about compromise and mutual support, not about giving up your dreams to live for another.I enjoyed the first two books in this series and was okay with the first part of this one. I do not understand why Mmes Mitchell and Holiday went down this path or why they stretched 1 medium book into 2. They've left me sad about the series generally. I felt the book was poorly written and edited and sends an awful message to young women.