mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Unwrapped - Ellen Fisher Unwrapped is a set of two holiday-themed short romance stories. Both stories pack a pretty good emotional whollop, especially for their short length. The first story, which is actually titled Unwrapped, is a second chance story about a couple who broke up on Christmas Eve three years prior. It is funny and hot and made me want to smack tbe hero and heroine silly until they finally do communicate and get their hea. Fortunately it is more funny than frustratingThe second story, Christmas Carol, is more bittersweet but is definitely still a romance. The hero has returned to his childhood home upon his father's death just before Christmas. I've had a death in my immediate family shortly before the holidays a couple of years ago so this hit me pretty hard but I still felt it was a good story. And it has a great cat in itBoth stories are pretty intensely focused on the main couple (partly due to their short length) so they can feel a little claustrophobic. I found they hit the spot, though as I was in the mood for an angsty but romantic holiday read.