mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

If You Were Mine (The Sullivans, #5) - Bella Andre Based on his descriptions in the previous books in the series, I thought this would be my least favorite Sullivan boy. I'm not into cars and he sounded like an egotistical jerk. Funny thing, the heroine pretty much agrees with me at the beginning and by about a third of the way into the book we'd both fallen for him and didn't want to admit it.I found the heroine somewhat more frustrating, though still likeable, almost until the end. They both put up walls to prevent relationships happening, but she's had some counseling so I couldn't understand her wall building as well. She also seems more self-aware in general except on this one issue. Instead of just a couple with chemistry we have a happy little family in the making here as the hero and heroine's dogs play a significant roles. And they are fun, cute dogs. We do however have lots and lots of intense chemistry and super hot love scenes.We also have the whole Sullivan clan back for brief cameos. I liked getting more than just a tiny glimpse at mom this time around. But they are present just enough. The story doesn't ever stray from being Zach and Heather's romance.I cried a good bit while reading this, in a good way. I could feel every bit of the couple's emotional ups and downs and Zach turns out to be so real and so good in a very realistic way that the inevitable big drama hit me really hard. And Zach turned out to be my favorite Sullivan of all. ... So far.