mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Italian's Stolen Bride (Harlequin Presents # 2469) - Emma Darcy The Italian's Stolen Bride is a little different from most of the HPs I've read with a family-hates-the-heroine plot. This time around, the active hating/snubbing occurred mostly in the past as this is also a second-chance romance. The hero is told by his dying brother that the brother played a major part in wronging the heroine and pushing her away and lets the hero know he is possibly a father. The hero then vows to make things right. I love a hero who is determined from the beginning to end up in a HEA with the heroine. Luc definitely is one of those. He even goes to some fairly extreme ends to put the heroine and their son first this time around. The heroine is more reasonable and we spend most of the story wondering if she'll succeed in bringing everyone together.I like all of the characters, including the child. The only villain here is Luc's father, and most of the nefarious plotting takes place offstage in the past. There is a good bit of drama, but none of these people are outright nasty to each other as sometimes happens in HPs. I liked this for a gentler HP experience. The one drawback to me was that I felt the hero sometimes was a little overly dramatic.