mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress - Day Leclaire Not bad, not great. I never really got a feel for the heroine in this book. She seemed very "poor little rich girl" to me and not much else. She also seemed overly emotional to me, though I can cut her some slack in that regard since she is pregnant from the beginning. The hero was a little more interesting and likeable. I felt like the plot probably did more to set up the rest of the series than I usually like. The hero and heroine's journey to their HEA just didn't grab me. I suspect that is mostly because I did not like the heroine much. It's worth reading to get the series set up but really, that's all.I would also add that the blurb is incorrect in one respect. The heroine is not willing to be in a relationship with or raise a child with the hero. Despite insisting he's the father, she continually refuses to allow him to have any say in decisions regarding the baby, withholds important information and generally denies him his parental rights. She fights the idea of marriage for a good part of the book as well. She refuses to work for her father's company in any respect but wants a say in how it's run and whether it's sold. Yeah, she does some charity work and I guess that is supposed to make her more likeable, but I thought she was kind of haughty and snotty with the women who use the shelter. She definitely considered herself their patrician overlord. In the end I think she kind of comes around some but I just don't like her. This series has different authors for each book, I think, so I will rear the rest and hope for better heroines and stories.