mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

An Offer She Can't Refuse - Emma Darcy I would give the first four fifths of this book three and a half stars and the last fifth one and a half stars. The first part tells a fairly typical HP secret baby tale at a leisurely but good pace. The last fifth crams a year of marriage, a pregnancy and a dramatic episode that resolves everything into a few pages. It's very odd and makes the most important part of the story anticlimatic. It's as though the author were running out of time. Or ink and paper. The characters are okay but I am weary of heroes who don't believe in love thanks to one bad experience. If secret baby plots are one of your guilty pleasures, there are many better versions out there. But at least it was a quick read and the larger first part was fairly enjoyable.