mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire - Michelle Celmer,  Catherine Mann Not bad for this particular series but I was expecting a little more suspense. Also I felt like the previous books in the series emphasized Brandon's estrangement from his father and sister more so there was a bit of a let down for me there. I did like the heroine a lot. She's more self-sufficient than most, never a doormat and acts intelligently. But the book is much more about Brandon dealing with past events and his family. I thought this was handled fairly well for the book itself but it didn't seem to build up to the final book in the series as I expected it to. I do like Ms. Cellmer's style. I found the book easy and quick to read. I enjoyed her descriptions of the ranch and the characters there and I though it made a nice interlude. I think my main problem with the book is that I wanted Brandon to have some sort of huge showdown with someone ... anyone! But maybe this book had to be a little anticlimactic to make the final book work.