mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3) - Kaylea Cross If there were a way to do it, I would give this book both 1.5 and 4.5 stars. The suspense plot was mostly intense and very good (especially the first two thirds), the hero and heroine have intense chemistry and I liked the both individually and together (especially for the first two thirds of the book). There are only a few love scenes but that makes sense in light of the plot and they are very well done. But the last third of the book falls apart. The actions several of the characters take don't make sense after that point and seemed more like attempts to make the series continue with one particular storyline than a well-written story. It was frustrating and the lead characters' stupid actions and lack of trust just made things worse. I'm hoping the last third of this book was just the low point in an otherwise wonderful series. I ended up compromising in the middle for the rating.