mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Indecent Suggestion (Harlequin Blaze, #189) - Elizabeth Bevarly Very cute, funny though slightly frustrating at points best-friends-to-lovers romance. The opening chapter was great fun and it is filled with wonderfully sensual and fun love scenes. Both the hero and heroine are likeable. As in most friends-to-lovers stories there's hesitation. Usually I expect to provide most of the drama and it does that here but this version of it just slightly annoyed me. Usually they worry about wrecking their friendship which I find understandable but here the heroine keeps insisting for no discernable reason that they are just wrong for each other. If she had some basis for this opinion, even if it were based on misinformation, I'd be okay with that. But she's never clear as to why she thinks this. Note: this was a little, tiny distraction from the fun. I enjoyed this story and the characters a lot. It has great humor, it's a little tongue in cheek and spoofy and it's also very sweet. It was the bright spot in a week filled with depressing news and unpleasant work. It will leave you with a big smile on your face.