mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

His Son's Teacher - Kay Stockham I liked this a lot more than the first book in this series (Another Man's Baby). This is a BBW good/smart girl and sexy athletic hero who thinks he's not smart. Both the hero and heroine are very likeable characters with major self-esteem problems. There is a lot of misunderstanding between them butit's a sort of misunderstanding that resonates with me because they both heard over and over from family and vexes that they were unworthy and that sort of programming can be hard to overcome. I really like the supportiveness they show each other and the way both characters grow over the course of the story. The heroine does something really, really bad towards the end and I thought the hero was too quick to get over that so I'd give this 3.75 stars rather than 4 but overall it was very good. The silly twee descriptions of the town of Beauty don't show up here thank goodness. I think the author missed a potentially cool opportunity to have the heroine point out to the hero that as a trainer he is also a teacher.