mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Her Best Friend's Brother (Harlequin Superromance) - Kay Stockham This was a big disappointment for me. I usually love best-friend's-brother romances and I started this series specifically because of this book. Unfortunately, the heroine is awful. The hero's a great guy. But the heroine pushes him away and is awful to him for the reason that her own mom is an attention whore. It doesn't make any sense. Neither does the way the conflict is resolved. The heroine reminded me a lot of Beth in [b:Undeniably Yours|9528765|Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1287437802s/9528765.jpg|14414840]. Not a good connection. The two stars are for the supporting characters and hero. They deserve to be in different book. The writing's not bad and I still like the series but I wish Luke had a better heroine.