mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Cassie's Grand Plan - Emmie Dark Cassie's Grand Plan is an excellent, engaging and very angsty romance. The central relationship involves strangers in difficult circumstances an an unequal power dynamic as the hero is a consultant evaluating the heroine's work. There's not a lot of mystery here. Something has to create conflict and it's pretty obvious what it will be from the beginning. Despite this the author has created a suspense filled plot.that really drew me in.The heroine is sweet and naive and so full of hope and fear that she made my heart ache. The hero is much less likeable in the beginning. He grows considerably throughout the book and by the end I felt he was good enough for the heroine. Most of the secondary characters make only brief appearances and they mainly serve to develop the hero and heroine's characters and create tension leading up to the book's main conflict. Fortunately they are fleshed out just enough that they are realistic characters rather than charicatures. The main characters' father figures are better developed and it was very interesting watching the hero and heroine's perceptions of them change over the course of the story.I've seen Ms. Dark compared to Sarah Mayberry in reviews and I feel it is a valid comparison as they both write Harlequin SuperRomances very well. However, I think their styles and themes differ quite a bit which is a good thing. I like variety. This book was very enjoya le but should come with a tissue warning. I cried several times while reading it.