mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) - Eve Langlais Oh dear. This was a problematic book for me. It had more problems than things I liked. First, it is one of those menage romances where there is a well defined main couple and the other members of the menage feel like they were tacked on just to make it a menage. Second, I did not like the heroine. She's a poor version of a "tough chick" but also manages to be weepy. Then there is the main male in the group. I liked him until 2/3rds of the way into the book, when he does things that make him unredeemable to me He gets stinking drunk and claims the heroine by force. It comes off as being not quite rape but it was much too close for my taste.The writing is okay technically and the premise of the series seems interesting despite this book's problems. I already own books 2 and 3 so I'll read them but this first book was not up to Ms. Langlais's usual standard. It also lacked the humor I enjoy so much in her Freak'n series. I can't recommend it.