mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

It Must Be Love - Rachel Gibson Rachel Gibson can write really funny romantic comedies and this is one of the better examples. It's an opposites-attract story, with a fairly typical straight-laced cop hero who thinks he wants a very typical wife and a quirky heroine who sells antiques and essential oils and is an amateur artist. One of the nice things about It Must Be Love is that the quirky heroine is not over-the-top cliche quirky. She has some refreshing normalness to her. And the straight-laced cop has some quirks (even though he doesn't recognize them as quirks). There's a suspense story moving things along that isn't very suspenseful and I'd deduct half a star for that. The dialogue is snappy and the way these two comes to realize they're in love is a fun ride. I'd give this one 4.5 stars and it's one I'm sure I'll reread.