mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Relentless by Kaylea Cross

Relentless  - Kaylea Cross

I was holding off on my review of Kaylea Cross's Relentless until it was imported but that hasn't' t happened yet.  I find the longer I wait after reading the harder it is to review.

I really liked this book, as I have the entire series so far.  The heroine's name (Neveah) bothered me every time I read it spelled out in full and the mystery as to who the villain was is super easy to figure out but those are the only two negatives I can come up with for this book.  I loved the hero.  I think Kaylea Cross writes some of the best non-jerk, protective alpha heroes.  I usually like her heroines too and Neveah is no exception.  She is strong and determined and resourceful.  I also liked that these two, while questioning their ability to sustain a relationship, are able to admit and express that they love each other.

The suspense could have been slightly more suspenseful if the mystery hadn't been so easy to solve so early in the book.  I felt the trick Ms. Cross used to hide the bad guy's identity actually made it easier to guess.  I deducted the half star for this.  I couldn't deduct one for the heroine's age because I think I'm just being curmudgeonly about it.

There are only a few love scenes but they are both very sexy and very emotionally engaging. There is a fairly gory and extremely violent scene near the end of the book.  I felt it was well written and that the explicit description was important to the story but squeamish readers may be bothered by it.

Overall I enjoyed Relentless a lot.  It's the next to last book in the series and I'm sad it's drawing to a close.