mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Passions - Jennifer Cole This is a short, silly, smutty, fluffy paranormal romantica novella. It's there's a touch of mystery and suspense mixed in but that doesn't get in the way of the plot or character and relationship development (nor does it do much to enhance it - but it's okay). And yes, the love scenes are nice and steamy. My one real criticism would be that the heroine is a bit too accepting of the paranormal elements, especially since she's newly out of a bad relationship. I'd expect a bit more skepticism from her. Other than that, this was a fun and refreshing change from the multitude of vampire and shifter romantica novellas on the market.