mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Matchmaker Bride - Kate Hewitt As updated rewrites of Jane Austen's Emma go, this one's okay, especially for an HP and I thought the writing was better than average for an HP. It's told partly from the hero's point of view which is unusual for an Emma rewrite. I didn't feel that Emily did as much maturing as she really needed and it felt like the author couldn't really decide whether to keep her story as close to the original as possible with some updating or to make it more her own (which she did somewhat but not enough by adding the hero's pov).