mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Yes, My Mistress - Jennifer Cole I started this book knowing I wouldn't care for it as I don't like books with Dommes. I have a feeling this book really doesn't satisfy people who do like F/m as well as those who don't. I'm in the latter category and it really doesn't fit that category but there is enough femdom in it that I found myself skipping most of it, especially the sex scenes. But there's a lot of M/f as well so people who are looking for a book about a Domme really aren't going to find that here.This series as a whole is disappointing. The premise is okay but the writing's not that good. There's a lot of telling rather than showing. The author uses a technique I often like - telling the story of the same night from different people's points of view over the course of a series - but instead of having different characters witness different aspects of the events, there is mostly just repeated dialogue and description. There are also numerous grammar and spelling errors throughout, though that could conceivably be a Kindle formatting issue. On the other hand, it's not dreadful and I enjoyed the first book in this series (, At the Dungeon Master's Hand better than the third. But none of them are standouts.