mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Fall Of Troy - Marilyn Lee I was hoping for more from The Fall of Troy. It's a fairly long read compared to some of the BBW reads that have come out recently, but I thought it was just okay. The story seemed to drag to me, at least partly because the commitment-phobic hero keeps going back and forth between "she's mine!" and "I don't want to settle down." The heroine, to her credit, is upfront with him that she wants a committed, monogamous relationship and won't settle for less. But the story consited almost entirely of this back and forth on the part of the hero and the heroine's attempts to get over him, over and over. I found that boring.I was also not crazy about the dialogue. It seemed stilted and repetitive to me and well as too young for the characters involved. I came close to DNFing this, but stuck with it. I don't regret the time spent, but it's not a keeper for me. Ms. Lee also writes PNR and I might try one of those to see if they are a little more interesting.