mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

A Little Harmless Addiction - Melissa Schroeder 3.5 stars. I took a fairly long break between books in this series and almost skipped this one because it sounded like it didn't contain any BDSM play. (And it does not, though there are some nice se y love scenes.) It had a very different feel from the other Harmless books. The pace is much slower and less suspenseful. I like both the hero and heroine and they certainly have plenty of chemistry, but I never felt much tension driving the plot. In fact, almost all the drama in this book occurs in flashbacks. It's like coming upon an beautiful and wild undiscovered beach a day after it has been swept by a violent storm and with an afternoon squall threatening to break just a little out to sea. The waves have picked up and the clouds move in and suddenly your dashing for cover. But the storm is brief and simply highlights the wrath of the previous day's tempest.I found this book calming, even during its most angsty parts. It eemed like a major departure from the rest of the series but in light of its placement in the series, I think that is okay. I would have liked more drama in the actual plot of the book, though and less reliance on flashbacks. I prefer the wild tempest to the little afternoon popup squall.