mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation - Michelle Conder Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation is a cross between a Wild Girl/Straight-Laced Boy story and a Mistaken Identity story and the mix is done very well. In addition, it's a best-friends-big-brother story. I consider those effectively the same as big-brother's-best-friend stories (and they share a calibre tag in my library) and I love those so this book made me very happy. I had a lot of sympathy for both characters. They've both got mistaken impressions of each other but unlike some HPs its actually reasonable that they have them in this book. The heroine's reputation is largely created by tabloids while the hero's cold exterior is mostly an attempt to keep the heroine and the world how much he feels. They gradually learn a lot about each other and themselves through the course of the book. Ms. Conder writes a very believable romance and engaging, fun characters. She's an author I 'll be on the lookout for and this is an HP I may even re-read.