mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Fool for Love - Marie Force I liked this second book in the series quite a bit. I liked it a lot more than the first book in the series and I don't have as mixed up feelings about Fool for Love as I did about Maid for Love. I loved Joe, the hero. He's almost too good to be true, but just barely flawed enough to be believable. I could really feel his love for the heroine. I like the heroine, Janey, much better in this book than I did in the first. She's a lot more sympathetic and much less Prissy Princessy and she does do some growing up in this book. There are still some problems. Mostly, I'm starting to wonder if Ms. Force can write a book without a hero or heroine who makes decisions for the person they love without consulting them. I have big problems with that. In this case, it's the heroine and the situation is made worse by the fact that the heroine's former fiance has done the same to her and she was furious about it. She does seem to figure out at the end that this is not okay, though. Even more odd, Mac the Meddler from the first book is the one telling Janey to discuss things with Joe before making decisions! And I have to wonder if Ms. Force came to realize this is not acceptable behavior in a hero.Gansett Island and its inhabitants are still a lot of fun. Most of the same secondary characters from the first book are back in the second and one of them's even very obviously set up as the hero for the third book. Mac and Maddie play a large part in the story, since it takes place during the 2 weeks leading up to their wedding. There are cute animals instead of a cute baby this time around and Janey's ex and his mother to serve as the villains. I felt a little emotionally overwhelmed at the end of this book. There's a lot of upheaval for both the leads and some of the secondary characters and my head's still puzzling through some of that. But I did enjoy the book and I ended it wanting to read the third book in the series.