mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Pure Bliss - Sophie Oak Pure Bliss is another great addition to Sophie Oak's Bliss, Colorado series. I always enjoy the quirky, loyal and caring people of Bliss and Ms. Oak's vulnerable heroines and sexy, determined heroes. I think this particular pair of heroes may be one of my favorites. They have a lot of issues to work out between each other, so I felt like I got to know them even better than I know most of the men of Bliss. I also felt like their issues were pretty realistic for siblings. The heroine, Hope, comes with standard Bliss baggage in this case a creepy con man/cult leader stalker not-quite-ex husband . While the backgrounds of most Bliss women are both frightening and far-fetched, Hope's story is probably the scariest so far. Considering her fears and self-image, I can even give her a pass on her attempts to run from a relationship with the heroes.The love scenes are, as usual, very hot and very explicit. But one thing I love about the Bliss series is that they are an enhancement to the story instead of overwhelming it. The suspense plot is front and center here and very well written.And then there are the secondary characters. Bliss, Colorado has some of the best characters I've found in any romance series. In Pure Bliss we meet again all the folks we've come to know and love but this time we get some more tantaluzing background on a couple who have been mostly used for comic relief in the past and now I really hope Ms. Oak gives us a full version of Nell and Henry's story. I get the feeling she might since the details were so deliberately murky. We also get hints that Logan and/or Wolf might get a book and there are some very appealing new characters who seem destined to have their own stories in this series. I'm very glad. I can never get too much Bliss.