mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Free Me My Love - Jesse Casavant This book is really trainwrecky and also probably really offputting for many readers. The author can tell a story and that's why I've given this 2 stars. However, that doesn't make the story something I'd want to read. This is very short - a novelette at best, and most of it takes place in a cabin where the hero and heroine have gone on a sort of second honeymoon to save their marriage. She's got a crippling fear of intimacy. He on the other hand appears perfectly normal until he starts practicing psychiatry without a license in a very bizarre manner. To be fair to both the hero and the author, the hero does give the heroine several opportunities to call off what they refer to as "the game," and she passes each time. Still, the whole thing made me really uncomfortable. So, be forewarned : there is fairly extreme bondage here and its being rashly used as a form of therapy. Ick.