mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Bound to Please - Lilli Feisty Romances with rock/pop star heroes or heroines are just not usually my cup of tea. I don't find that career conducive to a lasting relationship. I almost didn't read this book as a result. I'm glad I did.I found Mark and Ruby's story meets my arguments against this type of romance head on. The heroine shares my concerns and refuses to become involved with any artist as a result. The hero, on the other hand, is afraid of being tied down and losing his art. There's a lot of comparing and contrasting between the leads, their parents, their exes, their friends and their other potential lovers. That may sound unromantic, but Ms. Feisty weaves this together with a heartfelt and passionate love story that really sucked me in and spices it up with some very hot, kinky love scenes. The BDSM here is a little grittier, a little more real BDSM than you'll find in standard sugarkink erotic romances. It is also romantic and loving, and a nice depiction of the early stages of a BDSM relationship where the partners are learning to trust each other.So, did Ms. Feisty convince me? Sort of. The book has a happy ending but it is more of an HFN than an HEA. I'm not sure that a long distance relationship where one partner has groupies can work long term.