mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) - Shannon Stacey Before reviewing, I have to admit that I love romances with big families and lots of siblings so I've got a soft spot for the Kowalskis.That said, I enjoyed All He Ever Needed a lot. While it is listed as the fourth book in the series, it feels more like the first book in a spin off series. It also feels like Ms. Stacey's writing has matured and this book benefits from that.I found both the hero and heroine quite likeable. They both have well explained but not belabored backgrounds and their feelings and actions made a lot of sense to me. They have wonderful chemistry together and I could really feel it overcoming their resistance. I loved that the heroine is not a whiney doormat. She takes responsibility for her own happiness. The hero does as well and I thought they were both pretty honest with themselves and each other. They are also sweet and sexy together. I loved the way they came together and watching the relationship grow through little details as the story went on. Ms. Stacey does a great job showing rather than telling.The love scenes are often funny as well as sexy. I like the way Ms. Stacey lets her characters have a good sense of humor and fun together.I loved all the secondary characters (except perhaps Mallory, the hero's best friend's wife but I think she may have needed to be gotten out of the way). Josh, Liz and Ryan are not completely developed yet but I assume we'll be seeing more of them.I also loved the sibling's interaction and Josh finally speaking his mind. You know it's coming from the beginning and it feels very good when it happens. There are a number of hints for future romances for the siblings dropped here and there.The one drawback for me was that it felt like the story ended too soon and a little abruptly. I wish I could have stayed in the story longer. And that was partly because I was enjoying the story so much.One more little thing of note - the ATVs do not appear until late in the book and the actual vehicles only appear briefly. I consider this an improvement.