mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Rancher's Virgin Acquisition - Lynda Chance I think I prefer Ms. Chance's contemporary romances to her historical romances. This was just okay for me (except for a couple of scenes). The hero is a typical jealous, possessive and controlling alphahole to an extreme but I expected that. The heroine is innocent and sweet and easily dominated by the alphahole. I expected that too. There just wasn't a whole lot of tension or drama in this story. She's not as resistant and he just says how things will be and ... voila, they are. The only tension in the story comes from a device I dislike, the hero and heroine both thinking they are "not good enough." The love scenes are the best part, and they are typical Lynda Chance-style intense and explicit love scenes, though the language is more flowery than usual since it's in the pov of characters from an earlier time. There are a couple of scenes that don't qualify techinically as love scenes that are hotter than north Texas in August. Those I would re-read over and over. The actually story, not so much.