mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Their Virgin Concubine - Shayla Black Sometimes a book manages to be both a hot mess and great sexy fun at the same time. Their Virgin Concubine was one of those books for me. The plot is absurd. A klutzy but brilliant geeky girl is whisked away to an exotic sort-of middle eastern country with the most ridiculous royal marriage laws ever and three super hot completely westernized brothers who must comply with these laws by "kidnapping" her and convincing her to marry them (permanently) at the end of 30 days. Of course there is an evil cousin out to kill her or the heroes at various times. And sex. Lots and lots of menage sex with a little light BDSM. And a brooding hero who thinks he can't love and be loved. It is very much a fairy tale, a cross between Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. And I enjoyed every single crazy bit of it, even while I was mentally shouting "Oh come on!" The one little quibble I have with this book is a Towards the end the brooding hero ends the betrothal and sends the heroine home. My understanding of the betrothal ceremony was that she had the option to reject marriage to the guys during or at the end of 30 days but that they did not. They had to consider themselves temporarily married for better or worse. This actually made the kidnapping and their deception of her less problematic for me. She had been deceived but once she found this out she had the sole option to end things. Thus when Tal sent her away I couldn't help crying foul. Of course, everything works out for an HEA in the end.Otherwise, it was quick, silly, sexy and fun.