mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Bought: His Temporary Fiancee - Yvonne Lindsay, Catherine Mann This series plods along though it is gaining momentum. The plot here is utterly absurd. I've encountered it before: hero discovers financial misdeeds allegedly committed by heroine or her family member and uses this to blackmail her into posing as his fiance to help him with some business deal. I only find that plot believable in some historical and paranormal romances. In a contemporary I can't imagine the board or President of a company being okay with its CFO doing this. And the heroine falling in love in those circumstances is ridiculous. That said this book is a tiny bit better than the previous books in this series. There is no grovel at all but there is a decent OMG moment and you do get a lot of the hero beating himself up mentally for what he's done to both his family and the heroine. The heroine is okay and the Cinderella part of the story at the beginning is kind of fun.The best part of this and all of the books in this series is the little snippet in the end about the couple from the final book in the series. These are written by the author of that book, Catherine Mann, and they have me eagerly looking forward to that final book.