mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Reclaimed Surrender - Riley murphy I really liked this BDSM erotic romance. It's a second-chance type romance about a married couple trying to repair and reclaim their marriage after an incident where the sub has lost trust. There are also some outside factors they're working against. Also the book deals fairly realistically with the way. life, work, time and family can affect a relationship, especially one that includes BDSM. For the most part the characters are believable and relatable. I feel the hero is a lot more likeable than the heroine, mainly because for most of the book she's not honest with her Dom/husband or even herself. He considers everything, including her dishonesty, his failure. I can certainly understand why a Dom would feel that way but I got the feeling most of the problem was that she was not yet really fully invested in the relationship and I don't think it's fair or realistic for a Dom to accept 100% responsibility in that case. That said I thought the couple worked things out and got to a place of genuine trust. I could definitely believe their HEA. And I loved that Rene was so willing to think things through and figure out why Alexis did the things she did and had the reactions she had rather than reacting in anger himself. He's got the maturity, patience and wisdom I wish every Dom had and obviously loves and cares for his wife to an amazing degree.The play/love scenes are very, very hot. They are pretty intense but there is a lot of humor and love mixed in. I did not think the kink was too much to handle. It was hot but not too edgy. I don't want to spoil anything but there is a third party in this story. I thought the author handled this very well. I don't read books with outright cheating and I was okay with this one though it was iffy there for a while. At the end I was actually hoping the third party got their own book and a chance at redemption but it doesn't appear that's the case. It's not easy for an author to get me to want more of a meddling character but that s how well Ms. Murphy has written the characters in this story.This book's a keeper and one I'll probably reread.