mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Some Like It in Handcuffs - Christine Warner The best I can say about this book is that it was just okay. The hero's not bad but the heroine is annoying. The dialogue is mostly the two of them swapping smartass cliches. The worst dialogue, though is the corny attempt at dialect the author uses for the bad guys (and only the bad guys). This is really more of a very light and very predictable mystery than a romance. The romantic interaction takes up very little of the story and there is only one non-explicit love scene. I was never able to become emotionally invested in the characters or their relationship. And if you are looking for kinkiness here, even light kinkiness, you will find the title extremely misleading.I struggled to get through this and it took me a long time to finish. The mystery is glaringly obvious and the little bit of romance is boring. There's nothing wrong with it technically but for me it definitely was not worth the time.