mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1) - Ruth Cardello This book got off to a good start, bogged down in the middle and fell completely apart for me at the end. I thought Ms. Cardello started with an interesting take on a standard HP type plot. The hero is grieving and angry and coerces his substitute housekeeper into keeping him company. That part was fine. In the middle the focus is on the heroine's thoughts. I found her thoughts excruciatingly boring. The hero's mostly absent and it just goes on and on. Then, during the last third, things go wacko but not in a good trainwrecky way.Unfortunately, the heroine turns into an obnoxious Mary Sue type, sought out by the most important woman in China, adored by billions, able to save complicated business negotiations by her mere presence. She also turns into an extreme weeper. She delivers a lame rant and of course the hero then is willing to sacrifice his business (and his employees livelihoods) so that this ridiculous, weeping woman will stay with him. And this guy's supposed to be some kind of super businessman. But the heroine was able to understand what almost cost him this huge Chinese deal better than he could. Riiiggght. Then the only interesting bit of mystery from the good beginning of the story is instantly resolved in a completely uninteresting wayBlech.There is some decent sequel bait in the secondary characters. I have a feeling books 2 and 3 may be more interesting than this one. It wouldn't be that hard.