mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Overnight Socialite

The Overnight Socialite - Bridie Clark A cute, funny retelling of Pygmalian/My Fair Lady set in modern-day New York. The hero's more appealing, more caring and has more of a conscience than the hero from My Fair Lady but his friend is annoying and lacks both empathy and insight. The heroine and villainess are both delightful in their own ways. I must agree with the reviewers who found the ending abrupt. I would have liked a bit more. The name dropping didn't bother me - the setting's right for a lot of name dropping, but it's going to make this book easily become dated.