mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Rude Awakening

Rude Awakening - Veronica Chadwick I enjoyed Rude Awakening and I thought the romance story was both hot and sweet. The heroine is okay. Not tstl but not great, either. The hero, on the other hand was wonderful. I've rated this a bit lower because the suspense story never seemed very suspenseful to me. I couldn't help comparing it to the books in Shannon McKenna's McCloud Brothers series. It has a similar plot and relationship dynamic. But the plot just doesn't ever hit the intensity I needed to make it really good for me and I never really felt the characters' fear. If I could give it 3.5 stars I would. I also feel there was a lot of potential for a sequel, if not a series, but it doesn't appear there is or will be one.