mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Wolf Next Door

The Wolf Next Door - Lydia Dare Really 1.5 stars. I finally slogged my way through this thing, skimming a great deal between the 25% and 50% mark. I still cannot stand the heroine. She was great in the first book in the series, A Certain Wolfish Charm, and I do recommend that book. But Prisca's undergone a horrible personality transplant, nothing she thinks or says makes much sense, she's rude and hateful and I feel awful for the hero for being stuck with her. Despite feeling bad for him, I also felt that Will underwent a bit of a personality change and there were times I didn't like him much either. Miscommunication is overused a great deal in this book. I believe there were other ways Ms. Dare could have created tension between Will and Prisca. Still, there were a few nice moments and some good dialogue and there are some well-developed secondary characters in the book, so I bumped my rating up from the initial 1 star to 1.5 stars. Barely. The first and second books in this series (A Certain Wolfish Charm and Talk, Dark and Wolfish) are much better. I haven't read book 4 (Taming the Wolf) but it looks promising. I recommend reading those and skipping this one, even though this book introduces the hero for book 4.