mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Burn List

The Burn List - Julia Devlin The Burn List is a fun, sexy and sweet friends-to-lovers story with a wonderful hero and heroine. Lukas is the best kind of alpha male, dominent and protective and a super sexy fireman. Abby is sweet and though she is a heroine with self-esteem issues, we get to see her grow out of them and learn to stand up for herself.The love scenes a some of the hottest I've read this year. The chemistry between the leads is both intense and realistic which is a little surprising in a book this short. It helps, I think, that they start out as friends.There are secondary characters but they are not well developed. Neither is the location. In fact, I don't remember where the story was taking place. This was the book's main weakness to me. It didn't feel fully fleshed out and was a bit too concentrated on the hero and heroine. Even on the occasions when they are out with others they spend a part of that time alone or it feels like they do. I also don't remember the heroine having any friends which did not make any sense to me, especially since she's both sweet and fun.Still, I enjoyed this book a lot and woulld have liked more of it.