mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries)

The Dom Who Loved Me - Lexi Blake What fun! I had such a good time reading this book. It has a nice balance of romance, suspense and hot, kinky sex. The hero and heroine had lots of chemistry and were both very likeable characters. The heroine does do a bit of putting herself down for being older and a little overweight. I never like that but at least she doesn't do a lot of it and she has confidence in other aspects of herself. She also does one tstl thing Those two things were the only things that annoyed me and I'd deduct at most .25 of a star for them and give this a 4.75. The lead characters are both strong and I can see them working well as partners. Their love scenes were super hot. The kinky aspect was a bit on the tame side for my taste but there was wonderful sensuality and passion to them.The secondary characters are all very well written. The bad guys were fun to hate but not cartoonish. The rest of the Taggart/McKay crew made me want to jump ahead in my tbr pile and read the rest of the series. I could see foreshadowing for their stories and I think they'll also be very good.There were two other elements that really made this book for me. The hero is a foodie and aspiring chef and the descriptions of the food he cooked made me drool. Also I was born, raised and currently live in north Texas and I know DFW very well. The area doesn't quite become a character but I do feel Ms. Blake described it well. I hope it's even more present in future books. There is one tiny thing that has me perplexed, why is the drop box in Addison? Addison is at least 40 minutes from Fort Worth. It's on the other side of the airport. It would make more sense to me for it to be in Arlington, Grapevine or possibly Southlake. Maybe the bad guy was using the Addison airport because it's small? But there's no mention of that in the book and we do get the bad guy's pov. It's a silly thing for me to fret over, but now that I've ranted about it I can move on. In conclusion: Loads of fun. I've had a lot of fun reading this author's Masters of Menage (written with Shayla Black) as well. Both series are sexy, funny and kind of absurd in the most enjoyable way .