mlleelizabeth

Liz Loves Books

Thin Ice Review

Thin Ice - Liana Laverentz

Really liked this one a lot.  On the surface it's a sports romance and the heroine is a DV survivor who's still got a lot of issues.  I was very happy to find there is no magic penis cure for the aftermath of DV in this book.  The hero and heroine have to work to get to their HEA.  Both of them are pretty realistically written.  He was pretty alpha-pushy but I like that in a hero and he is very determined and I love that in a hero.  The heroine has a lot of backbone - enough that it gets in the way of her happiness but she grows more well-rounded over the course of the book. The secondary characters are very well written.  It could use a little bit of tightening up, especially in the more introspective parts and I would have like a little less of the 9 year old child but those were minor flaws.  Overall this was a very enjoyable read for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating it!